Click here for instructions
on linking to us
Pennsylvania (PA) - Real Estate
Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS®
4501 Chambers Hill Rd
Harrisburg, PA 17111-2406
(717) 561-1303 - Fax (717) 561-8796
Real Estate Commission
P.O. Box 2649
Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649
(717) 783-3658 - Fax (717) 787-0250
Estate Learn about buying and selling real estate in the
Poconos. Use the Pike County MLS to search for property for sale in
the Poconos region of Pike County, Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania entered the union in 1787. It was the second state
to do so. Today the capital is Harrisburg.
Pennsylvania is bordered by Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York,
Ohio, West Virginia and a small section of Lake Erie.
The largest cities are Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Erie and
Upper Darby Twp
Pennsylvania's agriculture includes mushrooms, dairy products, cattle,
hogs and poultry. The industries include chemical products, machinery,
electric equipment and tourism.
The nickname is the Keystone State. A keystone is the center
wedge shaped stone at the top of an arch that holds the other stones
together. At one time Pennsylvania was the keystone state in
the region and the name stuck.
Some of the state symbols are:
is the mountain laurel
Tree is the hemlock
the ruffed grouse
Didja know ……?
- Hershey is considered to be the chocolate capital of the United
- The world's first oil well was drilled in 1859 in Titusville.
- The first presidential mansion was built in Philadelphia.
- In 1885 the first successful attempt to save a life using oxygen
was performed in Loganville. The patient was a young boy with
- The longest stone arch bridge in the world is in Harrisburg.
- The mushroom capital of the world is Kennett Square.
- Pennsylvania is the only of the original colonies not bordered
by the Atlantic Ocean.
- The first public zoo in the United States was the Philadelphia
Zoo founded by Benjamin Franklin.
- Punxsutawney Phil is the hero of Ground Hog Day each year and is
considered to be an expert in determining whether winter will leave
early or stay late.
- The city of North East is in the heart of grape country. Welch's
has their largest plant there.
- Independence National Historic Park in Philadelphia. You
can see where the
Declaration of Independence was signed as well as the Liberty Bell
and other historic items and papers.
- Easton's Crayola factory which is a wonderful place of discovery
for kids as well as parents.
- Drake Well Museum in Titusville takes visitors through the history
of the oil industry.
- Hershey is the place to go for fun and to learn all you ever wanted
to know about chocolate.
- Gettysburg. The most visited Civil War battlefield. A
sad time in our history yet it is part of who we are and a historical
For Listings (MLS) | View
Our Listings | New
Homes | Sign-Up
For Automated E-mail Listings | Mortgage
Payment Calculator | Relocating?
Our Agents | Our
Internet Partners 2,
A, B, C | Site Map
Additional States Resources:
AK | AZ
| AR | CA
| CO | CT
| DC | DE
| FL | GA
| HI | ID
| IL | IN
| IA | KS
| KY | LA
| ME | MD
| MA | MI
| MN | MS
| MO | MT
| NE | NV
| NH | NJ
| NM | NY
| NC | ND
| OH | OK
| OR | PA
| RI | SC
| SD | TN
| TX | UT
| VT | VA
| WA | WV
| WI | WY|